Please feel free to translate this page into your language.

Westfield Lofts Tenants Calendar

Click on Button to Subscribe to Our Calendar

Monday, September 17, 2007

FW: parking!

Brian, I received the email below. Thought that you should be aware. The cars in the note were blocking (one was parallel parked) in front of the dumpster. Clearly the fire department would have an issue with needing to respond to an emergency. There were five cars parked in the main lot that do not have stickers. I understand that some folks have moved in recently (two weeks ago), but at this point, if they are living here, then there should be stickers. Two of these cars are known violators from the past. One is an Acura and one is a Lexus. In addition, there were a handful of cars in the other lot close to the gate without stickers as well. As for the gate, Helen had told me about the gate yesterday morning that it was stuck and so she applied some tape to it as a temporary fix. These gates should always open with no issue or perhaps a panic button is needed on each. If there had been a fire in either building and people needed to evacuate, neither Judy nor Dana would be able to evacuate safely.

Chris

http://westfieldloftstenants.blogspot.com/ and

http://westfieldloftstenants.com/default.aspx


To subscribe to our RSS, click on http://westfieldloftstenants.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

-----Original Message-----
From: pyrojenny@cox.net [mailto:pyrojenny@cox.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2007 11:01 PM
To: westfieldloftstenants: gmail.com
Subject: parking!

Yesterday was an 18 hour workday for me. When I got home at 1:30 in the morning I was a little dissapointed but not suprised that there wee no parking spaces in the closer lot. oh well, right? This is not a big deal, I tell myself, but even still my frustration is increased by the number of cars in the lot that don't belong there, and the 3 extra cars parked in the fire lane marked "tow zone". THEN I got my dog to take her out for a quick walk, and we can't get out the gate on westfield street! The handle was completely stripped out, so that the latch won't move, and the gate won't open. we tried to get in that way from the other side as well, but to no avail. I called the maintenance line to report the gate as well as the parking violations, but i felt the gate was a fairly pressing matter as it was on the handicap acess side of the building. When I awoke late this morning I saw that someone had gotten the gate open and put tape over the latch so it would not get stuck shut for a while, but clearly has not been addressed by maintenance staff, and there were different vehicles parked in the tow zone!

No comments: