Please feel free to translate this page into your language.

Westfield Lofts Tenants Calendar

Click on Button to Subscribe to Our Calendar

Saturday, July 14, 2007

private:stream

Hi Brian and Kathy.

My car was broken into last night or this morning (unknown actually). I discovered it this morning while I was heading out at 8:50a. I am very concerned about this. I called the answering service at least six times from 8:50a until 10:05a asking for Brian (ideally) or someone to call me back. I never received a call back. In addition, at approximately 10:03am, I called the answering service and asked for Kathy to call me back. This lack of response and frankly uncourteous answering service is unprofessional, alarming and quite disturbing.

Upon my return home last evening, all of the parking spaces were full and there were two cars and one motorbike parked in the no parking zone towards the dumpster in the main lot. I had to park in the adjacent lot across the street. When this happens, I usually take a mental note of all of the cars with missing or not up-to-date parking stickers. Last night, I noticed eight cars without stickers in the main lot and four cars in the tenant area across the street. I have encountered this similar scenario quite frequently in the past and at least twice this week.

I am reluctant to park across the street due to a known documented history of break-ins and vandalism to tenant cars. Therefore, when I have to park over there, I park under the lighting as I did last night. This, I feel, gives a better chance of someone seeing suspicious activities around the cars. I do not like to park in an unsafe lot and it is even more disturbing knowing that if the current parking and towing policy were enforced, I probably would not have had to park across the street in the more dangerous lot.

After noticing the break in into my car this morning, I counted at least four cars in the adjacent lot with no valid parking sticker OR no sticker at all. In the main lot, there were exactly twelve cars taking up parking spaces illegally. (See photos) I truly believe that had I been able to park in the main lot that my car probably would not have been broken into. Westfield Management needs to get active, tow these illegally parked and non-registered cars, and stop giving inconsistent warnings and slaps on the wrist.

As of now, I have a car that is missing a window. I need to attempt to get the broken glass out of my car and ascertain what was stolen. After this, I have to find a store and purchase clear window plastic and fastening materials. On Monday, I will be forced to take time out of work to track down my police report and find a repair shop to take care of the damages. I will have to miss a significant portion of work on Monday, which I cannot afford to do as I have been out for three weeks recovering from surgery. My auto insurance deductible will not be waived which means that this will come out of my pocket. This loss of work revenue combined with the cost of repairs is money that I just do not have right now.

Brian, last Thursday, you and I were finally able to connect by phone to discuss that my car had been hit in the main lot by a blue car. I had asked you for the video surveillance tape so that I could put a claim into my insurance company. You informed me that the video surveillance camera contract has not been solidified and was sitting on the VP’s desk waiting for a signature and final go-ahead.

Looking back at our Newsletter from JAN 07, it states, “We are obtaining bid to add additional cameras on both Westfield St., Sprague St., and in both parking lots”

This security progress was also updated in a 3/29/07 Memo stating under the heading of SECURITY that “As some of you might know, we had a few vehicles vandalized. This is a citywide problem that many apartment communities, homeowners and businesses across the City are experiencing. We are currently speaking to several security companies and anticipate the installation of the cameras in the near future”

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO INITIATE AND SECURE PROPER VIDEO SURVEILLANCE THAT WOULD DETER EVENTS LIKE THIS TAKING PLACE?

Apparently, Seven months later we still do not have an answer to this question.

Westfield Lofts also has signs up that indicate there is video surveillance in use. This is incorrect, misleading and negligent.

If Westfield Lofts had been enforcing its current parking and towing policy, (Which we have a copy of) and if Westfield Lofts had (AS PROMISED) installed video cameras that were visually apparent on the outside of the building and on the rooftop location as discussed with Jim Puchta, this incident may have been avoided.

Talking with the police officer who took my information, he had also mentioned several visits of the same nature at Westfield.

Your inaction and untimely response to a continued issue has left the entire Westfield Lofts, FRM and the owners of Westfield Development at risk. I can guarantee that after the vandals find nothing left in the cars, they will start with assaulting passersby as we enter and leave the complex. (As it is, there is an uncomfortable feeling moving to and from the complex on the weekends late at night) Just last night, there was a man with a Clorox bleach box standing outside the apartment unit that we saw on the local news as a “drug den.”

However, it is clear that Westfield has dropped the ball again. How do you expect to maintain 100% occupancy with good tenants if resources are not in place to provide and ensure the safety of each tenant and their belongings?

Having walked around the building today, to take count of the endless unregistered cars, I found a few other items that really do not look good for Westfield. Some of these items, I have included in this photo link. They include, litter, beer cans, turned over shopping carts, vandalized signs, tagged buildings, foil crack pipes in the gutters, unwrapped food/ bread, broken fences, dumpster trash, and leaking cars.

Some of which was pointed out to your leasing representative on site this morning.

I will not be putting in a claim to my insurance company, but I will be seeking Westfield Lofts to be responsible for the damage to my car. Please call me immediately Monday morning (if not sooner) to discuss how Westfield is going to repair my car and compensate me for the lost work time. I can be reached at 617-785-7177 or my work cell, which is 774-249-4003.

Created On: 7/14/2007 8:51 a7/p7


No comments: